Monday 22 August 2011

22nd August 2011































So sorry I've neglected my blog for so long - main reason is that I am a full time carer for my mum as well as an artist. But still doing some of course - I'd go mad if I couldn't find a little time every day to create. Along with my friend Chris Turrel-Watts, we created a piece of public art in a magical wild area called The Butterfly Park in New Ferry Liverpool. We made dozens of larger than life glass butterflies and glass leaves and hung them from a large flowering Hawthorn tree. Looks fabulous when the sun is shining. I've also been working from home of course and have made an angel tile (see photo) but it cracked slightly when I fired it in my kiln - which was rather disappointing, to say the least. In the last few months I have really got into making my art vases, and will definitely be exploring more ideas in this direction. (see photos.) I've made a tree nymph piece too, which I really enjoyed (see photo.) Anyway, I'll be blogging on here a lot more frequently in future, so speak to you soon ....

1 comment:

Regan Lee said...

I'm glad to see you back! I stumbled on your blog awhile ago and love your work; wondered what had happened.